I’m still fairly new to the the healthy living blogs scene, but there’s definitely been some trends that I’ve noticed (and participated in). Don’t be offended, this is all in good fun (also I have nothing else to blog about). So! Here are the top 10 signs you might be a Healthy Living/Fitness Blogger.
10. Your kitchen is full of oddities that most people have never heard of. Kale, chia, TVP, nutritional yeast, spirulina, tempeh, Kombucha. Probably your pantry is full of qunioa, and you most definitely have at least 3 different kinds of oil in your cupboards (canola, olive, coconut, vegetable??). You might also have at least 2 jars of nut butter.
9. You know how to mix protein powder into *anything*. Protein shakes, protein muffins, protein cakes, protein energy balls, protein ice cream, protein frosting, protein pancakes, protein oatmeal. Need I go on? I’m pretty sure I’ve seen it all.
8. You might follow (or have followed at some point in time) a special diet. Veg-curious, vegan, paleo, raw food, gluten-free. It takes some impressive self-control (which I do not posses because many require giving up milk AND THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. Did I mention I drink a gallon of milk a week?)
7. Probably you’re a runner. But you might be a cross-fitter. Sometimes both. We can be friends, it’s cool.
6. If I need to find you, I’ll probably start at Whole Foods. If you’re not there, I’ll head to the local Fro-yo place (which, if you’re in GVL, they’re right next door). You might be at Trader Joe’s, but probably you only stopped there to pick up some peanut butter pretzels.
5. You either hate Lululemon or love it. There is no middle ground here. It’s ok. My poor Old Navy active gear just can’t hold up compared to it (to anything, really. I’ve destroyed that stuff).
4. You probably own at least 5 pairs of compression socks. Running shoes? At least 3.
3. You’re an expert at social media! You can tweet while you’re Instagramming, and you’ve got everything in your life on Pinterest while you’re tracking your workouts on DailyMile and your calories on MyFitnessPal, and you make some time to Yelp, and oh yea, you write a blog too. Whew! Did I miss anything? (btw, you can catch me on instagram/twitter @flowersofmoss. I’m still learning)
2. Every meal is a photo-op! Even the toast you had for breakfast (and every breakfast for the last week). Now I want some toast. Excuse me for a sec…
1. You post about your life for a variety of reasons, but one of them is to hopefully show others that it is not impossible to live a healthy lifestyle and inspire them to do the same! (Awwww) =)
Welp, I’m wiped out. Goodnight!