Happy New Year! I had a really great New Years Eve, so I hope you did too! Definitely a far cry from last year when I watched a movie and fell asleep on the couch by 10.
Since it’s 2013 now, let’s talk about my goals! Honestly, I’ve never really set yearly goals before, so this is new to me. But I do have some running hopes and dreams now, sooo…
This year, I’m going to participate in 13 in 2013!
Because seriously, how cool would it be to run 13 half marathons in 2013? So I’m going to try for it. I’ve already signed up for several races early this year, and I’ll definitely be looking for cheap, local races, and virtual races for charity to keep the cost down. Also, I obviously will not be all-out racing every one, because that sounds like a bad idea, so I’ll pick maybe 1 or 2 as goal races to reach my goal of running a sub-2 hour half next year!
I also think I’m ready for another marathon! Well…I’m signed up for one already. Some of my NewSpring friends are planning to go, and they kind of peer pressured me (not really) in to joining them. So I’ll be headed to Nashville for the Rock and Roll Marathon in April! The goal for that race is to have a blast (because why else would you go?) and run under 5 hours. I also want to find a fall marathon to run, but I’m not sure which one yet. Probably not Spinx, but we’ll see!
I’d like to do at least one 10K to see if I can get under 1 hour. I know my friend M. wants another go at that too, so probably we’ll do the Reedy River Run again. I was pretty pitiful at it last year, so I definitely want some redemption (it was really hilly). I’ll probably do a few of the Corporate Shield races as well, which are usually 5Ks, so I’d like to replicate the 25 mins that I did at the Turkey Trot back in November.
I’d also like to maybe do a sprint triathlon to start preparing for my eventual goal of doing a half Ironman! I haven’t been on my bike in *forever*, though, and my swimming lately has been pretty minimal, so I’ll need to start getting back into that this summer.
Other than that, I’d like to really focus on having a good time! Friends getting married, having babies…it will definitely be a busy year!
Also, my blog is about 6 months old now, and I’ve collected a set of some odd search terms that have brought people here.
- “cookies and cream ice cream with pancakes” (never tried it, but why not?)
- “paint still smells after 2 months” (I’m very sorry to hear about that!)
- “my toes” (I have toes!)
- “cole saw affect the goat” (What the what??)
- “howtoconquerburpees” (uh, I don’t)
- “eating too much at christmastime” (I’m with ya there. No worries)
- “cookie butter in oatmeal” (again, never tried, but sounds good?)
- “whats in your lululemon gym bag” (well, nothing. I don’t have one.)
- “making alcohol paints” (this, I cannot help you with. I don’t know)
Interesting. I feel like for people who have bigger blogs, this is endlessly entertaining.
Some other things I’d like to do this year:
- Try Cross Fit (I just bought a groupon, so all I have to do now is show up!)
- Go to Europe -if I can. I’ve been trying and failing to save money and vacation hours, but I still want to go! If not, I at least want to go somewhere I’ve never been before.
- Get into teaching group fitness – I’ve been so afraid to put this one out there, but I’ve been talking to one of the instructors at my gym and she wants to help me make it happen! It really seems like it would be fun, but I always feel like I could never do something like that. But here it is in writing, so there.
- Hike somewhere new. We always tend to gravitate towards the hiking trails we know best because we know what we’re up against, but there’s so many, so I want to try a new one!
- Read some books. I actually love to read, but I don’t do it nearly as much as I used to. I listen to a ton of books on my commute to work, but it’s just not the same. I haven’t decided how many…just some.
What kind of goals do you have this year?